by Stuart Tickle, Managing Director of AWE (updated 12/04/21)
AWE is COVID SECURE, fully operational and complying with all Government guidelines.
Here is a summary of our current status:
HQ VISITS & DEMOS: Operational (pre-booked via booking form)
TECH SUPPORT: Operational ([email protected] & 01372 729 777)
DELIVERIES: Operational (Next-day via daily DHL and AWE vans)
COLLECTIONS: Operational (via contactless collection service)
TRAINING: Operational (online via Smart Home Academy, 1-2-1 online & in-person sessions as required)
RETURNS: Operational ([email protected] & 01372 729 777)
ACCOUNTS: Operational ([email protected] & 01372 729 777)
AWE’s approach to the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve. Following the easing of lockdown we have reviewed all the currently available information and discussed how this impacts our own operations.
The wide range of factors considered include that:
- The Government are following a roadmap out of lockdown
- Infection rates are stable and vaccinations are progressing well
- AWE is a COVID SECURE company
- There is clear Government guidance for business
We concluded that:
- AWE can be open for business within a COVID SECURE environment.
- We should continue with a part work-from-home rota based upon current risk and job role. This should be monitored regularly and adapted based upon Govt guidance, risk and business demands
- Pre-booked meetings and demos with our trade customers will re-start. With non-essential retail now open, as a COVID SECURE company trade accompanied end-user demos will be allowed
If there is anything you feel we at AWE can help with or adapt to assist your own situation, please let us know.
Stay healthy and safe,
Managing Director, AWE
Below is a summary of important information, including the information upon which our judgments have been made. We have additional internal policies designed to protect all which are detailed below.
Our policy will continue to be guided by the latest official Government and NHS advice. Where guidance is unclear, we will use our best judgment as a responsible employer, with the safety and wellbeing of our staff, and all those that they are in contact with, as our priority.
• We have implemented a flexible staff work-from-home rota based upon current risk, meaning only necessary staff required to operate the company effectively are at AWE HQ
• If any staff member or anyone in their household is showing COVID-19 symptoms, they have been instructed to self-isolate for the appropriate time as per Government advice. We have set up a staff notification process for this
• Contracted cleaning is deeper, with additional specific emphasis on sterilisation of common touch areas, door handles, surfaces etc. In addition to cleaning, steriliser wipes & sprays are provided in all areas with staff members briefed to use
• Frequent hand washing is encouraged, and hand sanitisers have been provided at all entry and exit points and in key staff areas
AWE HQ – VISITING:
• AWE HQ is open to visitors for business meetings and demonstrations, following notified guidelines and by appointment only via our online booking form.
AWE HQ – CUSTOMER COLLECTIONS:
• Goods should be delivered by approved courier where possible
• Where this is not efficient, registered trade customers may collect goods from AWE using the Contactless Collection Service. Sales will advise the full process on enquiry or order
• DHL will be utilised where efficient to do so. As a responsible business, they have their own COVID-19 policy implemented which both ourselves and the receivers must comply with
• Where DHL is not efficient to use, an AWE driver or other approved contractor will be utilised to deliver assessed on a case-by-case basis including the following contactless delivery considerations:
• Goods will only be delivered to a front door or goods-in entrance. Wherever possible, they will do this alone using our own equipment
• It is the receiver’s responsibility to take goods into a building, so please bear this in mind if the delivery is direct to site
• The receiver is to use their own pen for signing, or AWE will provide a new untouched pen for the customer to keep
• The AWE driver/contractor will utilise sanitiser wipes, gloves and mask as appropriate, and maintain a deeper vehicle cleaning routine
AWE HQ – GOODS IN:
• Deliveries should be scheduled wherever possible and can only be received via the warehouse shutter door following our contactless goods-in procedure:
• NO-ONE other than AWE staff is to enter the staff areas of the building, and should observe the floor markings
• Ring collection/delivery buzzer and wait. You will be responded to and only enter the good in reception area when invited to so so.
• AWE staff to use own pen when signing for delivery, avoiding direct contact with paperwork
• After receiving packages or deliveries staff will ensure their hands are washed/sanitised
• AWE staff site visits can be undertaken, where necessary
- Any visit can only be undertaken by a specified trained AWE staff member, having undertaken a COVID SECURE analysis of the site and visit conditions.
More from Corporate
Sound United, the global force in audio manufacturing and AWE, the UK's leading distributor to the CI channel have announced …
AWE’s Smart Home Academy has launched a brand-new one-day training course that will educate attendees on how to specify and …