by Stuart Tickle, Managing Director of AWE (updated 06/01/21)
AWE is COVID SECURE, fully operational and complying with all Government guidelines.
Here is a summary of our current status:
TECH SUPPORT: Operational (email@example.com & 01372 729 777)
TRAINING: Operational (online only, via upgraded Smart Home Academy & 1-2-1 sessions as required)
DELIVERIES: Operational (Next-day via daily DHL and AWE vans)
COLLECTIONS: Operational (via pre-booked contactless collection service)
ACCOUNTS: Operational (firstname.lastname@example.org & 01372 729 777)
RETURNS: Operational (email@example.com & 01372 729 777)
HQ VISITS & DEMOS: Operational (for pre-booked trade business meetings only via online booking form. Closed to end-user demos)
LOAN/DEMO STOCK: Operational (firstname.lastname@example.org & 01372 729 995)
AWE’s approach to the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve. Following the Government announcement that England will be entering Lockdown (3.0) from 5th January 2021, we have reviewed all the currently available information and discussed how this impacts our own operations.
The wide range of factors considered include that:
- The Government have re-introduced a national lockdown
- Infection rates are increasing in most regions, so risk is increasing
- Business sectors have Government guidelines to follow and AWE is a COVID SECURE company
- There are key differences in the Government guidance for this lockdown, compared with the first
Having considered the wide range of factors we concluded that:
- AWE can and should remain open for business, within a COVID SECURE environment, with all staff working from home wherever reasonable to do so
- The single most important factor is to follow our COVID SECURE OPERATION guidelines, which all staff have, including practising social distancing and regular hand washing/sanitising, increased cleaning etc.
- All staff understand our COVID SECURE GUIDELINES & will adhere to them
- We have seen efficiency and health/morale benefits of having at least some work-in-office time, and are aware of the communication challenges on a wide work-from-home policy
- But we have made adjustments to our work-from-home rota during lockdown, ceasing work-in-office time wherever it is possible to do so
- WFH Priority staff will continue to be given additional consultation and priority
- We will review our plan enabling us to increase or relax WFH rota and restrictions as and when it becomes appropriate.
- Pre-booked business meetings/demos with our trade customers will continue, as COVID SECURE procedures are in place and are a necessary business activity to support our customer base. However, no end-user demos will be allowed whilst showrooms and non-essential retail is closed.
The Government is walking a difficult line balancing risk with economic damage. There is no perfect solution and we are thankful that our industry is one which is currently in good shape since the end of the very damaging original lockdown. So my thoughts and prayers remain with those who are most affected in health, business or personal life, and we continue to be grateful for all those providing ongoing care and assistance for people in need, especially those on the front line. Thank you.
If there is anything you feel we at AWE can help with or adapt to assist your own situation, please let us know.
Stay healthy and safe,
Managing Director, AWE
Below is a summary of important information, including the information upon which our judgments have been made. We have additional internal policies designed to protect all which are detailed below.
Our policy will continue to be guided by the latest official Government and NHS advice. Where guidance is unclear, we will use our best judgment as a responsible employer, with the safety and wellbeing of our staff, and all those that they are in contact with, as our priority.
• We implemented a comprehensive staff work-from-home plan, meaning only necessary staff required to operate the company effectively are at AWE HQ
• If any staff member or anyone in their household is showing COVID-19 symptoms, they have been instructed to self-isolate for the appropriate time as per Government advice. We have set up a staff notification process for this
• Contracted cleaning is deeper, with additional specific emphasis on sterilisation of common touch areas, door handles, surfaces etc. In addition to cleaning, steriliser wipes & sprays are provided in all areas with staff members briefed to use
• Frequent hand washing is encouraged, and hand sanitisers have been provided at all entry and exit points and in key staff areas
AWE HQ – VISITING:
• AWE HQ is open to visitors for business meetings and demonstrations, following notified guidelines and by appointment only via our online booking form.
AWE HQ – CUSTOMER COLLECTIONS:
• Goods should be delivered by approved courier where possible
• Where this is not efficient, registered trade customers may collect goods from AWE using the Contactless Collection Service. Sales will advise the full process on enquiry or order
• DHL will be utilised where efficient to do so. As a responsible business, they have their own COVID-19 policy implemented which both ourselves and the receivers must comply with
• Where DHL is not efficient to use, an AWE driver or other approved contractor may be utilised to deliver assessed on a case-by-case basis including the following contactless delivery considerations:
• Goods will only be delivered to a front door or goods-in entrance. Wherever possible, they will do this alone using our own equipment
• It is the receiver’s responsibility to take goods into a building, so please bear this in mind if the delivery is direct to site
• The receiver is to use their own pen for signing, or AWE will provide a new untouched pen for the customer to keep
• The AWE driver/contractor will utilise sanitiser wipes, gloves and mask as appropriate, and maintain a deeper vehicle cleaning routine
AWE HQ – GOODS IN:
• Deliveries should be scheduled wherever possible and can only be received via the warehouse shutter door following our contactless goods-in procedure:
• NO-ONE other than AWE staff is to enter the staff areas of the building, and should observe the floor markings
• Ring collection/delivery buzzer and wait. You will be responded to and only enter the good in reception area when invited to so so.
• AWE staff to use own pen when signing for delivery, avoiding direct contact with paperwork
• After receiving packages or deliveries staff will ensure their hands are washed/sanitised
• AWE staff site visits can be undertaken, where necessary
- Any visit can only be undertaken by a specified trained AWE staff member, having undertaken a COVID SECURE analysis of the site and visit conditions.